latest Post

IN THE SPOTLIGHT AROUND THE WORLD - UMAR JOSIAH DANBABA




Umar Josiah Danbaba (Age 24) is a climate activist with the desire to ensure for Africa a cleaner and safer environment. Josiah is a Solar Installation Engineer Consultant and the Renewable Energy Coordinator at Pan-African Centre for Climate Policy where he promotes the use of renewable across Africa by reviewing policies, creating awareness and implementing projects.  Josiah holds a bachelor degree in Electrical engineering from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (Nigeria). He is an active member of the Nigeria Society of Engineers and Nigeria Institute of Management.
How I choose my field of expertise
Growing up I have always love to construct electronic devices such as toy cars, boats and transmitters, I remember one day when  my dad bought an automatic insect killer I was inspired  by it and I felt I was able to construct a similar device  after completion I connected it to electricity and there was a big spark it shocked me and the circuit breaker switched off, I was really beaten,  it didn’t matter, my curiosity grew I wanted to know how complexed devices worked so I loosened the television, computer monitor and three loader DVD player my parent discovered this and as a result  whenever an electronic device stop working I was blamed and  as years went by I was giving any spoiled electronic device to try and repair. From my primary school I knew I was going to be an engineer as a result i focused on courses that were engineering related and that made my undergraduate studies easy.
What I have done to improve my knowledge
As a child I didn’t have the normal inherent talent as my colleagues, I could not sing, dance, draw and I was also poor in sports. In order to blend and took training on music, arts and sports. But the difference was still clear I couldn’t compete with others when we went for talent show I was left out and as a child it was traumatizing. I realized that I could not be like them and I had to work on my strength. I studied hard and wide.  I realized that all I needed was “strategic knowledge”.  I only focused on activities that will make me achieve dreams. And this was the beginning of my transition. I do not drink alcohol, I do not smoke, I do not party and I do not subscribe to programs that are not directly or indirectly related at my dreams.  I read, took training, attend workshop seminars and found mentors that will help me achieve my goals.
Principles that guide me.
There are a lot of principles that guides me but I will only write two.
Time and chance happen to them all.  
I realized that opportunities always presented itself at different times and most time people miss them because they are not prepared for them. and so I always build myself, I asked myself two basic questions
1.      If I sit beside Dangote (Africa richest man) will I be able to harness the opportunity or will I just snap a picture with him and post on social media  
2.      If I Am Bill Gate will I employ me:  if I own a large company will I employ a person with my skills and accomplishment.
If my response is no I asked myself what can in do to ensure my answers will be a yes. These questions have made me strive for competence and excellence.
Our life is a reflection of your most dominant thoughts: My physical realities will necessary catch up with my mindset:
what you think about yourself, what you think about your circumstances plays a major role in what you will become.
About Pan African Centre for Climate Policy (PACC Policy).
Our mission is to achieve for Africa a cleaner and safer environment. We are a team of self-motivated climate solutions enthusiasts from diverse professional background with a strong affinity to advocate, preserve and conserve the African environment through systematic thinking while working in line with national policies and international framework on climate change.

Contact details:
Official Email: josiah@paccpolicy.org
Phone number: +2348031846771, +2348129552458 (WhatsApp)

About elints

elints
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment